ME8361- MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY – I Syllabus 2017 Regulation
MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY – I Syllabus 2017 Regulation ME8361- MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY – I Syllabus 2017 Regulation
ME8361 MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY – I L T P C
0 0 4 2
- To Study and practice the various operations that can be performed in lathe, shaper, drilling, milling machines etc. and to equip with the practical knowledge required in the core industries.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
Machining and Machining time estimations for:
1. Taper Turning
2. External Thread cutting
3. Internal Thread Cutting
4. Eccentric Turning
6. Square Head Shaping
7. Hexagonal Head Shaping
8. Fabrication of simple structural shapes using Gas Metal Arc Welding
9. Joining of plates and pipes using Gas Metal Arc Welding/ Arc Welding /Submerged arc welding
10. Preparation of green sand moulds
11 Manufacturing of simple sheet metal components using shearing and bending operations.
12. Manufacturing of sheet metal components using metal spinning on a lathe
TOTAL: 60 PERIODS
Upon the completion of this course the students will be able to
- Demonstrate the safety precautions exercised in the mechanical workshop.
- Make the workpiece as per given shape and size using Lathe.
- Join two metals using arc welding.
- Use sheet metal fabrication tools and make simple tray and funnel.
- Use different moulding tools, patterns and prepare sand moulds.
LIST OF EQUIPMENT FOR A BATCH OF 30 STUDENTS
NAME OF THE EQUIPMENT Qty.
Centre Lathes 7 Nos.
Horizontal Milling Machine 1 No
Vertical Milling Machine 1 No
Shaper 1 No.
Arc welding transformer with cables and holders 2 Nos
Oxygen and acetylene gas cylinders, blow pipe and other welding outfit 1 No 7
Moulding table, Moulding equipments 2 Nos
Sheet metal forming tools and equipments 2 Nos.