IT8072- EMBEDDED SYSTEMS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
EMBEDDED SYSTEMS Syllabus 2017 Regulation,IT8072- EMBEDDED SYSTEMS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
IT8072 EMBEDDED SYSTEMS L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To learn the architecture and programming of ARM processor.
- To become familiar with the embedded computing platform design and analysis.
- To get thorough knowledge in interfacing concepts
- To design an embedded system and to develop programs
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO EMBEDDED COMPUTING AND ARM PROCESSORS 9
Complex systems and micro processors– Embedded system design process –Design example: Model train controller- Instruction sets preliminaries – ARM Processor – CPU: programming input and output- supervisor mode, exceptions and traps – Co-processors- Memory system mechanisms – CPU performance- CPU power consumption.
UNIT II EMBEDDED COMPUTING PLATFORM DESIGN 9
The CPU Bus-Memory devices and systems–Designing with computing platforms – consumer electronics architecture – platform-level performance analysis – Components for embedded programs- Models of programs- Assembly, linking and loading – compilation techniques- Program level performance analysis – Software performance optimization – Program level energy and power analysis and optimization – Analysis and optimization of program size- Program validation and testing.
UNIT III SENSOR INTERFACING WITH ARDUINO 9
Basics of hardware design and functions of basic passive components-sensors and actuators-Arduino code – library file for sensor interfacing-construction of basic applications
UNIT IV EMBEDDED FIRMWARE 9
Reset Circuit, Brown-out Protection Circuit-Oscillator Unit – Real Time Clock-Watchdog Timer – Embedded Firmware Design Approaches and Development Languages.
UNIT V EMBEDDED C PROGRAMMING 9
Introduction-Creating ‗hardware delays‘ using Timer 0 and Timer 1-Reading switches-Adding Structure to the code-Generating a minimum and maximum delay-Example: Creating a portable hardware delay- Timeout mechanisms-Creating loop timeouts-Testing loop timeouts- hardware timeouts-Testing a hardware timeout
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the architecture and programming of ARM processor.
- Explain the concepts of embedded systems
- Understand the Concepts of peripherals and interfacing of sensors.
- Capable of using the system design techniques to develop firmware
- Illustrate the code for constructing a system
- Marilyn Wolf, ―Computers as Components – Principles of Embedded Computing System Design, Third Edition ―Morgan Kaufmann Publisher (An imprint from Elsevier), 2012. (unit I & II)
- https://www.coursera.org/learn/interface-with-arduino#syllabus (Unit III) 3 .Michael J. Pont, ―Embedded C, 2 nd Edition, Pearson Education, 2008.(Unit IV & V)
- Shibu K.V, ―Introduction to Embedded Systems, McGraw Hill.2014
- Jonathan W.Valvano, ―Embedded Microcomputer Systems Real Time Interfacing, Third Edition Cengage Learning, 2012
- Raj Kamal, ―Embedded Systems-Architecture,programming and design, 3 edition,TMH.2015
- Lyla, ―Embedded Systems, Pearson , 2013 6. David E. Simon, ―An Embedded Software Primer‖, Pearson Education,2000.