GE8077- TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT Syllabus 2017 Regulation
TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT Syllabus 2017 Regulation,GE8077- TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT Syllabus 2017 Regulation
GE8077 TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To facilitate the understanding of Quality Management principles and process.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
Introduction – Need for quality – Evolution of quality – Definitions of quality – Dimensions of product and service quality – Basic concepts of TQM – TQM Framework – Contributions of Deming, Juran and Crosby – Barriers to TQM – Customer focus – Customer orientation, Customer satisfaction, Customer complaints, Customer retention.
UNIT II TQM PRINCIPLES 9
Leadership – Quality Statements, Strategic quality planning, Quality Councils – Employee involvement – Motivation, Empowerment, Team and Teamwork, Recognition and Reward, Performance appraisal – Continuous process improvement – PDCA cycle, 5S, Kaizen – Supplier partnership – Partnering, Supplier selection, Supplier Rating.
UNIT III TQM TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES I 9
The seven traditional tools of quality – New management tools – Six sigma: Concepts, Methodology, applications to manufacturing, service sector including IT – Bench marking – Reason to bench mark, Bench marking process – FMEA – Stages, Types.
UNIT IV TQM TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES II 9
Quality Circles – Cost of Quality – Quality Function Deployment (QFD) – Taguchi quality loss function – TPM – Concepts, improvement needs – Performance measures.
UNIT V QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM 9
Introduction—Benefits of ISO Registration—ISO 9000 Series of Standards—Sector-Specific Standards—AS 9100, TS16949 and TL 9000– ISO 9001 Requirements—Implementation—Documentation—Internal Audits—Registration- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: Introduction—ISO 14000 Series Standards—Concepts of ISO 14001—Requirements of ISO 14001—Benefits of EMS.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
- The student would be able to apply the tools and techniques of quality management to manufacturing and services processes.
- Dale H.Besterfiled, Carol B.Michna,Glen H. Besterfield,Mary B.Sacre,Hemant Urdhwareshe and Rashmi Urdhwareshe, ―Total Quality Management, Pearson Education Asia, Revised Third Edition, Indian Reprint, Sixth Impression, 2013.
- James R. Evans and William M. Lindsay, “The Management and Control of Quality”, 8th Edition, First Indian Edition, Cengage Learning, 2012.
- Janakiraman. B and Gopal .R.K., “Total Quality Management – Text and Cases”, Prentice Hall (India) Pvt. Ltd., 2006.
- Suganthi.L and Anand Samuel, “Total Quality Management”, Prentice Hall (India) Pvt. Ltd., 2006.
- ISO9001-2015 standards