GE8075- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS Syllabus 2017 Regulation,GE8075- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
GE8075 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To give an idea about IPR, registration and its enforcement.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
Introduction to IPRs, Basic concepts and need for Intellectual Property – Patents, Copyrights, Geographical Indications, IPR in India and Abroad – Genesis and Development – the way from WTO to WIPO –TRIPS, Nature of Intellectual Property, Industrial Property, technological Research, Inventions and Innovations – Important examples of IPR.
UNIT II REGISTRATION OF IPRs 10
Meaning and practical aspects of registration of Copy Rights, Trademarks, Patents, Geographical Indications, Trade Secrets and Industrial Design registration in India and Abroad
UNIT III AGREEMENTS AND LEGISLATIONS 10
International Treaties and Conventions on IPRs, TRIPS Agreement, PCT Agreement, Patent Act of India, Patent Amendment Act, Design Act, Trademark Act, Geographical Indication Act.
UNIT IV DIGITAL PRODUCTS AND LAW 9
Digital Innovations and Developments as Knowledge Assets – IP Laws, Cyber Law and Digital Content Protection – Unfair Competition – Meaning and Relationship between Unfair Competition and IP Laws – Case Studies.
UNIT V ENFORCEMENT OF IPRs 7
Infringement of IPRs, Enforcement Measures, Emerging issues – Case Studies.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
- Ability to manage Intellectual Property portfolio to enhance the value of the firm.
- V. Scople Vinod, Managing Intellectual Property, Prentice Hall of India pvt Ltd, 2012
- S. V. Satakar, ―Intellectual Property Rights and Copy Rights, Ess Ess Publications, New Delhi, 2002
- Deborah E. Bouchoux, ―Intellectual Property: The Law of Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents and Trade Secrets, Cengage Learning, Third Edition, 2012.
- Prabuddha Ganguli,Intellectual Property Rights: Unleashing the Knowledge Economy, McGraw Hill Education, 2011.
- Edited by Derek Bosworth and Elizabeth Webster, The Management of Intellectual Property, Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd., 2013.