EE6411 ELECTRICAL MACHINES LABORATORY – I L T P C 0 0 0 3
To expose the students to the operation of D.C. machines and transformers and give them experimental skill.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
- Open circuit and load characteristics of DC shunt generator- critical resistance and critical speed.
- Load characteristics of DC compound generator with differential and cumulative connections.
- Load test on DC shunt and compound motor.
- Load test on DC series motor.
- Swinburne’s test and speed control of DC shunt motor.
- Hopkinson’s test on DC motor – generator set.
- Load test on single-phase transformer and three phase transformers.
- Open circuit and short circuit tests on single phase transformer.
- Polarity Test and Sumpner’s test on single phase transformers.
- Separation of no-load losses in single phase transformer.
- Study of starters and 3-phase transformers connections
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
- Ability to model and analyze electrical apparatus and their application to power system
LIST OF EQUIPMENT FOR A BATCH OF 30 STUDENTS:
- DC Shunt Motor with Loading Arrangement – 3 nos
- DC Shunt Motor Coupled With Three phase Alternator – 1 No.
- Single Phase Transformer – 4 nos
- DC Series Motor with Loading Arrangement – 1 No.
- DC compound Motor with Loading Arrangement – 1 No.
- Three Phase Induction Motor with Loading Arrangement – 2 nos
- Single Phase Induction Motor with Loading Arrangement – 1 No.
- DC Shunt Motor Coupled With DC Compound Generator – 2 nos
- DC Shunt Motor Coupled With DC Shunt Motor – 1 No.
- Tachometer -Digital/Analog – 8 nos
- Single Phase Auto Transformer – 2 nos
- Three Phase Auto Transformer – 1 No.
- Single Phase Resistive Loading Bank – 2 nos
- Three Phase Resistive Loading Bank. – 2 nos
- SPST switch – 2 nos