EE6404 MEASUREMENTS AND INSTRUMENTATION L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To introduce the basic functional elements of instrumentation
- To introduce the fundamentals of electrical and electronic instruments
- To educate on the comparison between various measurement techniques
- To introduce various storage and display devices
- To introduce various transducers and the data acquisition systems
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
Functional elements of an instrument – Static and dynamic characteristics – Errors in measurement – Statistical evaluation of measurement data – Standards and calibration.
UNIT II ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS INSTRUMENTS 9
Principle and types of analog and digital voltmeters, ammeters, multimeters – Single and three phase wattmeters and energy meters – Magnetic measurements – Determination of B-H curve and measurements of iron loss – Instrument transformers – Instruments for measurement of frequency and phase.
UNIT III COMPARISON METHODS OF MEASUREMENTS 9
D.C & A.C potentiometers, D.C & A.C bridges, transformer ratio bridges, self-balancing bridges. Interference & screening – Multiple earth and earth loops – Electrostatic and electromagnetic interference – Grounding techniques.
UNIT IV STORAGE AND DISPLAY DEVICES 9
Magnetic disk and tape – Recorders, digital plotters and printers, CRT display, digital CRO, LED, LCD & dot matrix display – Data Loggers.
UNIT V TRANSDUCERS AND DATA ACQUISITION SYSTEMS 9
Classification of transducers – Selection of transducers – Resistive, capacitive & inductive transducers – Piezoelectric, Hall effect, optical and digital transducers – Elements of data acquisition system – A/D, D/A converters – Smart sensors.
TOTAL :45 PERIODS
- Ability to model and analyze electrical apparatus and their application to power system
- A.K. Sawhney, ‘A Course in Electrical & Electronic Measurements & Instrumentation’ Dhanpat Rai and Co 2004.
- J. B. Gupta, ‘A Course in Electronic and Electrical Measurements’, S. K. Kataria & Sons, Delhi,2003.
- Doebelin E.O. and Manik D.N., Measurement Systems – Applications and Design, Special Indian Edition, Tata McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd., 2007.
- H.S. Kalsi, ‘Electronic Instrumentation’, Tata McGraw Hill, II Edition 2004.
- D.V.S. Moorthy, ‘Transducers and Instrumentation’, Prentice Hall of India Pvt Ltd, 2007.
- A.J. Bouwens, ‘Digital Instrumentation’, Tata McGraw Hill, 1997.
- Martin Reissland, ‘Electrical Measurements’, New Age International (P) Ltd., Delhi, 2001.
- Alan. S. Morris, Principles of Measurements and Instrumentation, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall of India, 2003.
EE6404 MEASUREMENTS AND INSTRUMENTATION SYLLABUS REGULATION 2013 Click Here To Download
EE6404 MEASUREMENTS AND INSTRUMENTATION SYLLABUS REGULATION 2013