EC8691 MICROPROCESSORS AND MICROCONTROLLERS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
MICROPROCESSORS AND MICROCONTROLLERS Syllabus 2017 Regulation EC8691 MICROPROCESSORS AND MICROCONTROLLERS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
EC8691 MICROPROCESSORS AND MICROCONTROLLERS L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To understand the Architecture of 8086 microprocessor.
- To learn the design aspects of I/O and Memory Interfacing circuits.
- To interface microprocessors with supporting chips.
- To study the Architecture of 8051 microcontroller.
- To design a microcontroller based system
UNIT I THE 8086 MICROPROCESSOR 9
Introduction to 8086 – Microprocessor architecture – Addressing modes – Instruction set and assembler directives – Assembly language programming – Modular Programming – Linking and Relocation – Stacks – Procedures – Macros – Interrupts and interrupt service routines – Byte and String Manipulation.
UNIT II 8086 SYSTEM BUS STRUCTURE 9
8086 signals – Basic configurations – System bus timing –System design using 8086 – I/O programming – Introduction to Multiprogramming – System Bus Structure – Multiprocessor configurations – Coprocessor, Closely coupled and loosely Coupled configurations – Introduction to advanced processors.
UNIT III I/O INTERFACING 9
Memory Interfacing and I/O interfacing – Parallel communication interface – Serial communication interface – D/A and A/D Interface – Timer – Keyboard /display controller – Interrupt controller – DMA controller – Programming and applications Case studies: Traffic Light control, LED display , LCD display, Keyboard display interface and Alarm Controller.
UNIT IV MICROCONTROLLER 9
Architecture of 8051 – Special Function Registers(SFRs) – I/O Pins Ports and Circuits – Instruction set – Addressing modes – Assembly language programming.
UNIT V INTERFACING MICROCONTROLLER 9
Programming 8051 Timers – Serial Port Programming – Interrupts Programming – LCD & Keyboard Interfacing – ADC, DAC & Sensor Interfacing – External Memory Interface- Stepper Motor and Waveform generation – Comparison of Microprocessor, Microcontroller, PIC and ARM processors
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
At the end of the course, the students should be able to:
- Understand and execute programs based on 8086 microprocessor.
- Design Memory Interfacing circuits.
- Design and interface I/O circuits.
- Design and implement 8051 microcontroller based systems.
- Yu-Cheng Liu, Glenn A.Gibson, ―Microcomputer Systems: The 8086 / 8088 Family – Architecture, Programming and Design, Second Edition, Prentice Hall of India, 2007. (UNIT I- III)
- Mohamed Ali Mazidi, Janice Gillispie Mazidi, Rolin McKinlay, ―The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems: Using Assembly and C, Second Edition, Pearson education, 2011. (UNIT IV-V)
- Doughlas V.Hall, ―Microprocessors and Interfacing, Programming and Hardware,TMH,2012
- A.K.Ray,K.M.Bhurchandi,‖Advanced Microprocessors and Peripherals ―3rd edition, Tata McGrawHill,2012