EC8252 ELECTRONIC DEVICES SYLLABUS 2017 REGULATION
ANNA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI ECE SYLLABUS 2017 REGULATION FOR EC8252 ELECTRONIC DEVICES ENGINEERING SYLLABUS 2017 REGULATION
Anna University EC8252 ELECTRONIC DEVICES SYLLABUS 2017 Regulation has been revised for the Students who joined in the academic year 2017-2018. So revised syllabus for Anna University Chennai Electrical and electronics engineering syllabus 2017 Regulation is given below. you can download EC8252 ELECTRONIC DEVICES Regulation 2017 2nd Semester eee Syllabus from the below link. Syllabus 2017 regulation for 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th Semester will be updated shortly and same can be downloaded year as soon as University announces. Anna University 1st year Syllabus Regulation 2017 is given below. EC8252 Syllabus for Regulation 2017 Students can be downloaded here.
EC8252 ELECTRONIC DEVICES L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To acquaint the students with the construction, theory and operation of the basic electronic devices such as PN junction diode, Bipolar and Field effect Transistors, Power control devices, LED, LCD and other Opto-electronic devices
UNIT I SEMICONDUCTOR DIODE 9
PN junction diode, Current equations, Energy Band diagram, Diffusion and drift current densities, forward and reverse bias characteristics, Transition and Diffusion Capacitances, Switching Characteristics, Breakdown in PN Junction Diodes.
UNIT II BIPOLAR JUNCTION TRANSISTORS 9
NPN -PNP -Operations-Early effect-Current equations – Input and Output characteristics of CE, CB, CC – Hybrid -π model – h-parameter model, Ebers Moll Model- Gummel Poon-model, Multi Emitter Transistor.
UNIT III FIELD EFFECT TRANSISTORS 9
JFETs – Drain and Transfer characteristics,-Current equations-Pinch off voltage and its significance- MOSFET- Characteristics- Threshold voltage -Channel length modulation, D-MOSFET, E-MOSFET- Characteristics – Comparison of MOSFET with JFET.
UNIT IV SPECIAL SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICES 9
Metal-Semiconductor Junction- MESFET, FINFET, PINFET, CNTFET, DUAL GATE MOSFET, Schottky barrier diode-Zener diode-Varactor diode –Tunnel diode- Gallium Arsenide device, LASER diode, LDR.
UNIT V POWER DEVICES AND DISPLAY DEVICES 9
UJT, SCR, Diac, Triac, Power BJT- Power MOSFET- DMOS-VMOS. LED, LCD, Photo transistor, Opto Coupler, Solar cell, CCD.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
At the end of the course the students will be able to:
- Explain the V-I characteristic of diode, UJT and SCR
- Describe the equivalence circuits of transistors
- Operate the basic electronic devices such as PN junction diode, Bipolar and Field effect Transistors, Power control devices, LED, LCD and other Opto-electronic devices
1. Donald A Neaman, ―Semiconductor Physics and Devices‖, Fourth Edition, Tata Mc GrawHill Inc. 2012.
2. Salivahanan. S, Suresh Kumar. N, Vallavaraj.A, ―Electronic Devices and circuits‖, Third Edition, Tata McGraw- Hill, 2008.
1. Robert Boylestad and Louis Nashelsky, ―Electron Devices and Circuit Theory‖ Pearson Prentice Hall, 10th edition, July 2008.
2. R.S.Sedha, ― A Text Book of Applied Electronics S.Chand Publications, 2006.
3. Yang, ―Fundamentals of Semiconductor devices, McGraw Hill International Edition, 1978.