EB7212 DIGITAL SIMULATION OF POWER ELECTONIC CIRCUITS L T P C LABORATORY 0 0 3 2
- To provide the requisite knowledge necessary to appreciate the dynamical equations involved in the analysis of different PED configurations.
- To analyze, design and simulate different power converters studied in the core courses on power converters, Inverters and dynamics of electrical machines.
- Simulation of single phase half wave controlled converter fed RLE load
- Simulation of single phase fully controlled converter fed RLE load.
- Simulation of three phase half controlled converter fed RL load.
- Simulation of single phase ac phase controlled fed RL load.
- Simulation of three phase to single phase cyclo – converter fed RL load
- Simulation of dynamics of armature plunger / relay contactor arrangement.
- Simulation of single phase VSI fed RL/RC load.
- Simulation of i) LC tank circuit resonance,
- ii) Basic / modified series inverter iii) Series loaded series resonant inverter
- Simulation of single phase current source inverter fed induction heating load.
- Simulation of multi level inverter topologies.
- Numerical solution of ordinary differential equations.
- Numerical solution of partial differential equations.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
- Ned Mohan,T.M Undeland and W.P Robbin, “Power Electronics: converters, Application and design” John Wiley and sons.Wiley India edition, 2006.
- Rashid M.H., “Power Electronics Circuits, Devices and Applications “, Prentice Hal India, New Delhi, 1995.