CS8091- BIG DATA ANALYTICS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
BIG DATA ANALYTICS Syllabus 2017 Regulation,CS8091- BIG DATA ANALYTICS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
CS8091 BIG DATA ANALYTICS L T P C
3 0 0 3
- To know the fundamental concepts of big data and analytics.
- To explore tools and practices for working with big data
- To learn about stream computing.
- To know about the research that requires the integration of large amounts of data.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO BIG DATA 9
Evolution of Big data – Best Practices for Big data Analytics – Big data characteristics – Validating – The Promotion of the Value of Big Data – Big Data Use Cases- Characteristics of Big Data Applications – Perception and Quantification of Value -Understanding Big Data Storage – A General Overview of High-Performance Architecture – HDFS – MapReduce and YARN – Map Reduce Programming Model
UNIT II CLUSTERING AND CLASSIFICATION 9
Advanced Analytical Theory and Methods: Overview of Clustering – K-means – Use Cases – Overview of the Method – Determining the Number of Clusters – Diagnostics – Reasons to Choose and Cautions .- Classification: Decision Trees – Overview of a Decision Tree – The General Algorithm – Decision Tree Algorithms – Evaluating a Decision Tree – Decision Trees in R – Naïve Bayes – Bayes‘ Theorem – Naïve Bayes Classifier.
UNIT III ASSOCIATION AND RECOMMENDATION SYSTEM 9
Advanced Analytical Theory and Methods: Association Rules – Overview – Apriori Algorithm – Evaluation of Candidate Rules – Applications of Association Rules – Finding Association& finding similarity – Recommendation System: Collaborative Recommendation- Content Based Recommendation – Knowledge Based Recommendation- Hybrid Recommendation Approaches.
UNIT IV STREAM MEMORY 9
Introduction to Streams Concepts – Stream Data Model and Architecture – Stream Computing, Sampling Data in a Stream – Filtering Streams – Counting Distinct Elements in a Stream – Estimating moments – Counting oneness in a Window – Decaying Window – Real time Analytics Platform(RTAP) applications – Case Studies – Real Time Sentiment Analysis, Stock Market Predictions. Using Graph Analytics for Big Data: Graph Analytics
UNIT V NOSQL DATA MANAGEMENT FOR BIG DATA AND VISUALIZATION 9
NoSQL Databases : Schema-less Models‖: Increasing Flexibility for Data Manipulation-Key Value Stores- Document Stores – Tabular Stores – Object Data Stores – Graph Databases Hive – Sharding –- Hbase – Analyzing big data with twitter – Big data for E-Commerce Big data for blogs – Review of Basic Data Analytic Methods using R.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- Work with big data tools and its analysis techniques
- Analyze data by utilizing clustering and classification algorithms
- Learn and apply different mining algorithms and recommendation systems for large volumes of data
- Perform analytics on data streams
- Learn NoSQL databases and management.
- Anand Rajaraman and Jeffrey David Ullman, “Mining of Massive Datasets”, Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- David Loshin, “Big Data Analytics: From Strategic Planning to Enterprise Integration with Tools, Techniques, NoSQL, and Graph”, Morgan Kaufmann/El sevier Publishers, 2013.
- EMC Education Services, “Data Science and Big Data Analytics: Discovering, Analyzing, Visualizing and Presenting Data”, Wiley publishers, 2015.
- Bart Baesens, “Analytics in a Big Data World: The Essential Guide to Data Science and its Applications”, Wiley Publishers, 2015.
- Dietmar Jannach and Markus Zanker, “Recommender Systems: An Introduction”, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Kim H. Pries and Robert Dunnigan, “Big Data Analytics: A Practical Guide for Managers ” CRC Press, 2015.
- Jimmy Lin and Chris Dyer, “Data-Intensive Text Processing with MapReduce”, Synthesis Lectures on Human Language Technologies, Vol. 3, No. 1, Pages 1-177, Morgan Claypool publishers, 2010.