CS8088- WIRELESS ADHOC AND SENSOR NETWORKS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
WIRELESS ADHOC AND SENSOR NETWORKS Syllabus 2017 Regulation,CS8088- WIRELESS ADHOC AND SENSOR NETWORKS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
CS8088 WIRELESS ADHOC AND SENSOR NETWORKS L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To learn about the issues and challenges in the design of wireless ad hoc networks.
- To understand the working of MAC and Routing Protocols for ad hoc and sensor networks
- To learn about the Transport Layer protocols and their QoS for ad hoc and sensor networks.
- To understand various security issues in ad hoc and sensor networks and the corresponding solutions.
UNIT I MAC & ROUTING IN AD HOC NETWORKS 9
Introduction – Issues and challenges in ad hoc networks – MAC Layer Protocols for wireless ad hoc networks – Contention-Based MAC protocols – MAC Protocols Using Directional Antennas – Multiple-Channel MAC Protocols – Power-Aware MAC Protocols – Routing in Ad hoc Networks – Design Issues – Proactive, Reactive and Hybrid Routing Protocols
UNIT II TRANSPORT & QOS IN AD HOC NETWORKS 9
TCP‟s challenges and Design Issues in Ad Hoc Networks – Transport protocols for ad hoc networks – Issues and Challenges in providing QoS – MAC Layer QoS solutions – Network Layer QoS solutions – QoS Model
UNIT III MAC & ROUTING IN WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKS 9
Introduction – Applications – Challenges – Sensor network architecture – MAC Protocols for wireless sensor networks – Low duty cycle protocols and wakeup concepts – Contention-Based protocols – Schedule-Based protocols – IEEE 802.15.4 Zigbee – Topology Control – Routing Protocols
UNIT IV TRANSPORT & QOS IN WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKS 9
Data-Centric and Contention-Based Networking – Transport Layer and QoS in Wireless Sensor Networks – Congestion Control in network processing – Operating systems for wireless sensor networks – Examples
UNIT V SECURITY IN AD HOC AND SENSOR NETWORKS 9
Security Attacks – Key Distribution and Management – Intrusion Detection – Software based Anti-tamper techniques – Water marking techniques – Defense against routing attacks – Secure Ad hoc routing protocols – Broadcast authentication WSN protocols – TESLA – Biba – Sensor Network Security Protocols – SPINS
TOTAL :45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- Identify different issues in wireless ad hoc and sensor networks .
- To analyze protocols developed for ad hoc and sensor networks .
- To identify and understand security issues in ad hoc and sensor networks.
- C.Siva Ram Murthy and B.S.Manoj, ―Ad Hoc Wireless Networks – Architectures and Protocols, Pearson Education, 2006.
- Holger Karl, Andreas Willing, ―Protocols and Architectures for Wireless Sensor Networks, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2005.
- Subir Kumar Sarkar, T G Basavaraju, C Puttamadappa, ―Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks, Auerbach Publications, 2008.
- Carlos De Morais Cordeiro, Dharma Prakash Agrawal, ―Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks: Theory and Applications (2nd Edition), World Scientific Publishing, 2011.
- Waltenegus Dargie, Christian Poellabauer, ―Fundamentals of Wireless Sensor Networks Theory and Practice, John Wiley and Sons, 2010
- Xiang-Yang Li , “Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks: Theory and Applications, 1227 th edition, Cambridge university Press,2008.