CS8087-SOFTWARE DEFINED NETWORKS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
SOFTWARE DEFINED NETWORKS Syllabus 2017 Regulation,CS8087-SOFTWARE DEFINED NETWORKS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
CS8087 SOFTWARE DEFINED NETWORKS L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To learn the fundamentals of software defined networks.
- To understand the separation of the data plane and the control plane.
- To study about the SDN Programming.
- To study about the various applications of SDN
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
History of Software Defined Networking (SDN) – Modern Data Center – Traditional Switch Architecture – Why SDN – Evolution of SDN – How SDN Works – Centralized and Distributed Control and Date Planes
UNIT II OPEN FLOW & SDN CONTROLLERS 9
Open Flow Specification – Drawbacks of Open SDN, SDN via APIs, SDN via Hypervisor-Based Overlays – SDN via Opening up the Device – SDN Controllers – General Concepts
UNIT III DATA CENTERS 9
Multitenant and Virtualized Multitenant Data Center – SDN Solutions for the Data Center Network – VLANs – EVPN – VxLAN – NVGRE
UNIT IV SDN PROGRAMMING 9
Programming SDNs: Northbound Application Programming Interface, Current Languages and Tools, Composition of SDNs – Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networks: Concepts, Implementation and Applications
UNIT V SDN 9
Juniper SDN Framework – IETF SDN Framework – Open Daylight Controller – Floodlight Controller – Bandwidth Calendaring – Data Center Orchestration
TOTAL :45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- Analyze the evolution of software defined networks
- Express the various components of SDN and their uses
- Explain the use of SDN in the current networking scenario
- Design and develop various applications of SDN
- Paul Goransson and Chuck Black, ―Software Defined Networks: A Comprehensive Approach, First Edition, Morgan Kaufmann, 2014.
- Thomas D. Nadeau, Ken Gray, ―SDN: Software Defined Networks, O’Reilly Media, 2013.
- Siamak Azodolmolky, ―Software Defined Networking with Open Flow, Packet Publishing, 2013.
- Vivek Tiwari, ―SDN and Open Flow for Beginners‖, Amazon Digital Services, Inc., 2013.
- Fei Hu, Editor, ―Network Innovation through Open Flow and SDN: Principles and Design, CRC Press, 2014.