CS8081- INTERNET OF THINGS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
INTERNET OF THINGS Syllabus 2017 Regulation,CS8081- INTERNET OF THINGS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
CS8081 INTERNET OF THINGS L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To understand Smart Objects and IoT Architectures
- To learn about various IOT-related protocols
- To build simple IoT Systems using Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- To understand data analytics and cloud in the context of IoT
- To develop IoT infrastructure for popular applications
UNIT I FUNDAMENTALS OF IoT 9
Evolution of Internet of Things – Enabling Technologies – IoT Architectures: oneM2M, IoT World Forum (IoTWF) and Alternative IoT models – Simplified IoT Architecture and Core IoT Functional Stack -– Fog, Edge and Cloud in IoT – Functional blocks of an IoT ecosystem – Sensors, Actuators, Smart Objects and Connecting Smart Objects
UNIT II IoT PROTOCOLS 9
IoT Access Technologies: Physical and MAC layers, topology and Security of IEEE 802.15.4, 802.15.4g, 802.15.4e, 1901.2a, 802.11ah and LoRaWAN – Network Layer: IP versions, Constrained Nodes and Constrained Networks – Optimizing IP for IoT: From 6LoWPAN to 6Lo, Routing over Low Power and Lossy Networks – Application Transport Methods: Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition – Application Layer Protocols: CoAP and MQTT
UNIT III DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT 9
Design Methodology – Embedded computing logic – Microcontroller, System on Chips – IoT system building blocks – Arduino – Board details, IDE programming – Raspberry Pi – Interfaces and Raspberry Pi with Python Programming.
UNIT IV DATA ANALYTICS AND SUPPORTING SERVICES 9
Structured Vs Unstructured Data and Data in Motion Vs Data in Rest – Role of Machine Learning – No SQL Databases – Hadoop Ecosystem – Apache Kafka, Apache Spark – Edge Streaming Analytics and Network Analytics – Xively Cloud for IoT, Python Web Application Framework – Django – AWS for IoT – System Management with NETCONF-YANG
UNIT V CASE STUDIES/INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS 9
Cisco IoT system – IBM Watson IoT platform – Manufacturing – Converged Plantwide Ethernet Model (CPwE) – Power Utility Industry – GridBlocks Reference Model – Smart and Connected Cities: Layered architecture, Smart Lighting, Smart Parking Architecture and Smart Traffic Control
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the concept of IoT.
- Analyze various protocols for IoT.
- Design a PoC of an IoT system using Rasperry Pi/Arduino
- Apply data analytics and use cloud offerings related to IoT.
- Analyze applications of IoT in real time scenario
- David Hanes, Gonzalo Salgueiro, Patrick Grossetete, Rob Barton and Jerome Henry, ―IoT Fundamentals: Networking Technologies, Protocols and Use Cases for Internet of Things, Cisco Press, 2017
- Arshdeep Bahga, Vijay Madisetti, ―Internet of Things – A hands-on approach, Universities Press, 2015
- Olivier Hersent, David Boswarthick, Omar Elloumi , ―The Internet of Things – Key applications and Protocols, Wiley, 2012 (for Unit 2).
- Jan Ho¨ ller, Vlasios Tsiatsis , Catherine Mulligan, Stamatis , Karnouskos, Stefan Avesand. David Boyle, “From Machine-to-Machine to the Internet of Things – Introduction to a New Age of Intelligence”, Elsevier, 2014.
- Dieter Uckelmann, Mark Harrison, Michahelles, Florian (Eds), ―Architecting the Internet of Things, Springer, 2011.
- Michael Margolis, Arduino Cookbook, Recipes to Begin, Expand, and Enhance Your Projects, 2nd Edition, O’Reilly Media, 2011.