CS8074- CYBER FORENSICS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
CYBER FORENSICS Syllabus 2017 Regulation,CS8074- CYBER FORENSICS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
CS8074 CYBER FORENSICS L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To learn computer forensics
- To become familiar with forensics tools
- To learn to analyze and validate forensics data
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER FORENSICS 9
Introduction to Traditional Computer Crime, Traditional problems associated with Computer Crime. Introduction to Identity Theft & Identity Fraud. Types of CF techniques – Incident and incident response methodology – Forensic duplication and investigation. Preparation for IR: Creating response tool kit and IR team. – Forensics Technology and Systems – Understanding Computer Investigation – Data Acquisition.
UNIT II EVIDENCE COLLECTION AND FORENSICS TOOLS 9
Processing Crime and Incident Scenes – Working with Windows and DOS Systems. Current Computer Forensics Tools: Software/ Hardware Tools.
UNIT III ANALYSIS AND VALIDATION 9
Validating Forensics Data – Data Hiding Techniques – Performing Remote Acquisition – Network Forensics – Email Investigations – Cell Phone and Mobile Devices Forensics
UNIT IV ETHICAL HACKING 9
Introduction to Ethical Hacking – Footprinting and Reconnaissance – Scanning Networks – Enumeration – System Hacking – Malware Threats – Sniffing
UNIT V ETHICAL HACKING IN WEB 9
Social Engineering – Denial of Service – Session Hijacking – Hacking Web servers – Hacking Web Applications – SQL Injection – Hacking Wireless Networks – Hacking Mobile Platforms.
TOTAL 45 PERIODS
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the basics of computer forensics
- Apply a number of different computer forensic tools to a given scenario
- Analyze and validate forensics data
- Identify the vulnerabilities in a given network infrastructure
- Implement real-world hacking techniques to test system security
- Bill Nelson, Amelia Phillips, Frank Enfinger, Christopher Steuart, ―Computer Forensics and Investigations, Cengage Learning, India Edition, 2016.
- CEH official Certfied Ethical Hacking Review Guide, Wiley India Edition, 2015.
- John R.Vacca, ―Computer Forensics, Cengage Learning, 2005
- MarjieT.Britz, ―Computer Forensics and Cyber Crime: An Introduction, 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall, 2013.
- AnkitFadia ― Ethical Hacking Second Edition, Macmillan India Ltd, 2006
- Kenneth C.Brancik ―Insider Computer Fraud Auerbach Publications Taylor & Francis Group–2008.