AP7009 RF SYSTEM DESIGN L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To learn the importance and issues in the design of RF
- To design RF filter and RF amplifier
- To study about the characteristics of oscillators, mixers, PLL, wireless synthesizers and detector
UNIT I RF ISSUES 9
Importance of RF design- Electromagnetic spectrum, RF behavior of passive components, chip components and circuit board considerations, scattering parameters, smith chart and applications.
UNITII RF FILTER DESIGN 9
Overview, Basic resonator and filter configuration, special filter realizations, smith chart based filter design, coupled filter.
UNIT III ACTIVE RF COMPONENTS AND APPLICATIONS 9
RF diodes, BJT, RF FET’S, High electron mobility transistors, matching and biasing networks- impedance matching using discrete components, microstripline matching networks, amplifier classes of operation and biasing networks.
UNIT IV RF AMPLIFIER DESIGNS 9
Characteristics, amplifier power relations, stability considerations, constant gain circles, constant VSWR circles, low noise circles broadband, high power and multistage amplifiers.
UNIT V OSCILLATORS, MIXERS & APPLICATIONS 9
Basic oscillator model, High Frequency oscillator configuration, basic characteristic of mixers, wireless synthesizers, phase locked loops, detector and demodulator circuits.
- Reinhold Ludwig and Powel Bretchko, RF Circuit Design – Theory and Applications, Pearson Education Asia, First Edition, 2001.
- Joseph. J. Carr, Secrets of RF Circuit Design , McGraw Hill Publishers, Third Edition,2000.
- Mathew M. Radmanesh, Radio Frequency & Microwave Electronics, Pearson Education Asia, Second Edition, 2002.
- Ulrich L. Rohde and David P. NewKirk, RF / Microwave Circuit Design, John Wiley & Sons USA 2000.
- Roland E. Best, Phase – Locked Loops: Design, simulation and applications, McGraw Hill Publishers 5TH edition 2003