AP7004 HARDWARE – SOFTWARE CO-DESIGN L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To acquire the knowledge about system specification and modeling.
- To learn the formulation of partitioning
- To analyze about co-synthesis.
- To study the different technical aspects about prototyping and emulation.
- To formulate the design specification and validate its functionality by simulation.
UNIT I SYSTEM SPECIFICATION AND MODELLING 9
Embedded Systems, Hardware/Software Co-Design, Co-Design for System Specification and Modelling , Co-Design for Heterogeneous Implementation – Processor Synthe Single-Processor Architectures with one ASIC, Single-Processor Architectures with many ASICs, Multi-Processor Architectures, Comparison of Co- Design Approaches, Models of Computation ,Requirements for Embedded System Specification.
UNIT II HARDWARE/SOFTWARE PARTITIONING 9
The Hardware/Software Partitioning Problem, Hardware-Software Cost Estimation, Generation of the Partitioning Graph , Formulation of the HW/SW Partitioning Problem , Optimization , HW /SW Partitioning based on Heuristic Scheduling, HW /SW Partitioning based on Genetic Algorithms .
UNIT III HARDWARE/SOFTWARE CO-SYNTHESIS 9
The Co-Synthesis Problem, State-Transition Graph, Refinement and Controller Generation, Distributed System Co-Synthesis
UNIT IV PROTOTYPING AND EMULATION 9
Introduction, Prototyping and Emulation Techniques , Prototyping and Emulation Environments,Future Developments in Emulation and Prototyping ,Target Architecture- Architecture Specialization Techniques ,System Communication Infrastructure, Target Architectures and Application System Classes, Architectures for Control-Dominated Systems, Architectures for Data-Dominated Systems ,Mixed Systems and Less Specialized Systems
UNIT V DESIGN SPECIFICATION AND VERIFICATION 9
Concurrency, CoordinatingConcurrent Computations, Interfacing Components, Verification, Languages for System-Level Specification and Design System-Level Specification ,Design Representation for System Level Synthesis, System Level Specification Languages, Heterogeneous Specification and Multi-Language Co- simulation.
- Ralf Niemann , “Hardware/Software Co-Design for Data Flow Dominated Embedded Systems”, Kluwer Academic Pub, 1998.
- Jorgen Staunstrup, Wayne W olf ,”Hardware/Software Co-Design: Principles and Practice”, Kluwer Academic Pub,1997.
- Giovanni De Micheli , Rolf Ernst Morgon,” Reading in Hardware/Software Co-Design“ Kaufmann Publishers,2001.
AP7004 HARDWARE SOFTWARE CO-DESIGN SYLLABUS 2O13 REGULATION PDF Click Here To Download